Special Guest - Kelly Martin


Hey, friends! It's Kelly Martin, and I'm so pleased to be sharing some cards as a guest designer for Whimsy Stamps this month! Today I'm sharing two cards that I created using two different die sets. I love using die sets to create cards because it really stimulates my creativity because it's almost like putting together a puzzle! And there are so many different ways to use them! For the first card, I used the Build A Garden die set to create this little scene. These cards were not difficult at all to create - my favorite kinds!!


I used the dies to cut out the different elements from paint swatches that I keep on hand for projects like this, and after gluing them together, I set them aside while I planned out my scene. Because the elements were a little small to carry off an entire 4.25 x 5.5 inch card, I incorporated some patterned paper from my scrap pile and glued two different strips of different widths down to the bottom of my cut and scored card base.


I also used Shabby Shutters Distress Oxide ink and an ink blending brush to blend on a soft background to the card base. To add a little bit of dimension to the bird, I used some Tonic Nuvo drops in Ebony Black to create the eye on the small bird. After planning out where my die cut elements were going to go, I then chose to stamp a sentiment by using different stamps from the You're Too Kind stamp set and then glued down all the die cuts.


For the next card, I incorporated one more die set to create this one! I used the Connected Oval Frame Die to cut out the focal wreath and glued it down to a white cardstock panel.


Because I knew I wanted to create a wreath, I wanted to make sure I left enough room to stamp out my sentiment - so I went ahead and did that step next. I used more stamps from the You're Too Kind stamp set to create the sentiment and then went to work on the wreath.


Using more paint swatches and the floral and leaf dies from the Build A Garden die set, I created some floral cluster arrangements and then glued them down to the wreath, along with the small bird that I added a Tonic Nuvo drop to for added dimension.


I trimmed down the finished panel, found a piece of light blue cardstock on my scrap pile, and then glued the panel down to that slightly larger blue panel for a matted look. I glued down the finished piece to a 4.25 x 5.5 inch card base that I made with a piece of patterned paper adhered to the front. I really like the way that striped paper coordinated with the colors on the floral wreath! Thank you so much for joining me here today and be sure to check out theses products and others from the Whimsy Stamps shop!

Build-a-Garden Die Set - Whimsy StampsConnected Oval Frame Die - Whimsy StampsYou're Too Kind Clear Stamps

1 comment

  1. Both of these are totally adorable, so soft and pretty! Thank you for being a great special guest for us Kelly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team