Tuesday Tutorial with Tricia

Hello there!   Tricia here with you today to share a really quick and easy way to add details to plain cardstock.   


I started off by using Post It tape and matching kraft ink to add some detail to my kraft base.   You can use a grid mat or grid paper and use the lines to help count off the spaces between the stripes.  


Another way to add details to your plain cardstock is to use a background stamp.  Background stamps are great to add details to cut out die cut shapes.   I love this new Tree Ring Background stamp from the February release.    I just love hot pink ink with the plain pink cardstock.   This was then die cut with the new Slimline Scalloped Edge Pocket die set.  Perfect to tuck a little surprise message or gift card.  


I used Post It Tape again to create the grassy border for the interior die cut that comes with the Slimline Scalloped Edge Pocket die.    I stamped a bunny from the Spring Bunnies stamp set.   I colored this in with my Copic markers:   

W3, W1, W00, Y11, Y13, Y15, R81, R83, R85, YG03, YG01, RV09, RV25, BG10, BG11, BG53, RV00, C1


For the final details, I die cut the butterflies from the Slimline Scalloped Edge Pocket die and added a glue dot that had been rolled and applied to the center of each butterfly.   I curved up the wings to add some dimension.  I stamped a sentiment from Spring Bunnies.   I stamped the sentiment onto a Quick Strip die sentiment strip.   

Thank you for stopping by!   Have a great day! 





1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team