Special Guest - Ana Anderson


WS 1-23-1 

Hey crafties! It's Ana back today with my second project as a special guest for Whimsy Stamps! I have to tell you, I love, love their stamps (the quality and price point are amazing)!  Today I am featuring the Jillian and Friends rubber stamp set (now also available as a digital stamp) and the Twinkle stencil.

To start, I stamped the images from Jillian and Friends stamp set and colored them with Copic markers. Once I had all of the images colored, I fussy cut each one at the stamp line. I lined each image with Memento tuxedo black marker to cover any exposed cut lines.

WS 1-23a 

I created the background next, blending Pine needles, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean distress oxide inks starting at the bottom of the panel. I added splatter with leftover ink, set the panel aside to dry and made a card base from white, heavy-weight cardstock.

WS 1-23b 

Once the panel was dry, I stamped the sentiment and the images directly to the background, then adhered the colored, fussy-cut images directly on top of the stamped ones. Little swirlies, bubbles and lines were too hard do fussy cut - stamping the images first, then adhering the colored images directly on top created the completed look of each image.

  WS 1-23d (2) 

Using the Twinkle stencil, I lightly inked the stars and dots with white pigment ink and that finished my card! I am so happy with how this card turned out and am very honored to have been able to guest design for Whimsy Stamps this month!

  WS 1-23d 

I really hope you like the card and have enjoyed today's post and been inspired! Until next time, I wish you Happy Crafting!

Thank you, Ana, for sharing your beautiful card!  If you'd like to see more of Ana's work, please visit her blog.

Jillian and Friends Rubber Cling Stamp Twinkle Stencil

4 comments

  1. I enjoyed learning how this card was created. The idea of fussy cutting the images and layering them over the stamped image to let the wispy lines show is a winner of an idea. I also like how you stamped the background in white ink over the colored background. Thank you for being so generous with your talent and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colouring on this sweet scene, the result of your fussy cutting is flawless! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Ana! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team