Let it Snow - Tutorial Tuesday with Alanna

Hi Whimsy friends. One of my favorite products from the December release at Whimsy Stamps is the Glitter Globe stamp set. 

I thought it would be fun to create a snowy scene inside the globe.  I first decided to create my background so it could dry. I took the Twinkle stencil and added some Moonstone Glimmer Paste over top of it.  I made sure to wash my pallete knife and stencil right away so that the paste would clean right off.

After my background was done, I stamped the globe image and then a couple of the trees and the deer. I did some simple masking, as you can see below, to create my scene. 



After all of my stamping was done, I colored in my scene with a few Copic markers. For my sky, I took a light blue marker and colored the whole thing. I then took a white gel pen and added in my snow.

I also stamped and trimmed out the bottom portion of the globe sot hat I could create a snowy hill and add some dimension. But mostly to disguise the fact that I didn't get my images stamped down enough, as you can see in the photo above. :).  I then stamped the sentiment onto the base portion, which is from the same Glitter Globe stamp set. 

I then trimmed out my stamped and colored image. I made sure to take my Memento Tuxedo Black marker and draw it on the outer edges of my snow globe to help disguise the fact that I am not a great fussy cutter.

Note that this stamp set does have coordinating dies, if you should choose.  However, I didn't use them on my card today as I didn't want the white border around the image.

I adhered the globe with some thin foam tape to my panel and the card is complete.


 
I hope you've been inspired today. Crafty hugs! ~ Alanna

1 comment

  1. I love this card! Thanks for inspiring us to keep using our Christmas stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team