Happy Place

Hello, Whimsy fans!  It's Andrea with you today sharing a fun, beachy-vibe card.  Is anyone else wishing they were at the beach?!


When I saw the Ocean Stencil and Wavy Nested Frames Die Set, I immediately wanted to make an ocean tunnel-type scene.  I started with three A2 panels of Bristol Smooth paper.  The panel in the back was ink-blended with Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon.  I used the same colors of distress ink on the second panel, applying more Mermaid Lagoon than Cracked Pistachio.  I inked up the third panel with Mermaid Lagoon and Faded Jeans.  To the first panel, I added some rays with white pigment ink and the Sun Rays Stencil.  I flicked water droplets on all three panels and blotted them dry.


Using the Wavy Nested Frames Die Set, I die-cut the second and third panels.  Rather than use the die a size down from the first one I used, I went two smaller to have more surface area showing.  I added my underwater elements with the Ocean Stencil.  To create the illusion of depth, I used a light gray ink for the panel with the rays, a dark gray for the second panel, and black for the darkest, ink-blended panel.


I attached the solid panel to a white card and added the die-cut layers with foam tape.  I also die-cut a frame from Desert Storm cardstock with the Wavy Nested Frames Dies and adhered that with foam tape.  I die-cut the palm trees with the Build-an-Island Die Set.  As the trees are connected in the die, I die-cut two pairs and cut them apart with my scissors.  I "colored" the trees with brown and green inks before adhering them to my card (I used foam tape - two layers in some places - behind parts of the trees that extended into the die-cut openings).  Using partial die-cutting and the Quick Strips Die Set, I die-cut a banner from Desert Storm cardstock and stamped a sentiment from Happy Place in Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Thanks for stopping by!


*NEW Wavy Nested Frames Die Set *NEW Ocean Stencil *NEW Build-an-Island Die Set *NEW Happy Place Clear Stamps Quick Strips Die Set Sun Rays Stencil

1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team