31 Nights of Halloween - Night 6


Hello, Whimsy friends!  It's Andrea with you this evening for my very first post as a Whimsy Stamps' Design Team member.  I am over the moon (yes, pun intended) to be on this team; it's been a dream of mine for over a year now!

Whimsy has so many awesome Halloween-themed products, but I chose to use the adorable Halloween Witchy Girl designed by Crissy Armstrong (Love her designs!). 


After printing that sweet girl onto Xpress It paper, I colored her with Copics.  With a white gel pen, I added polka dots to the ribbon and a few highlights to the image.  To tone down the polka dots, I went over them with the lightest green marker I had used on the ribbon.  I cut out the image with my ScanNCut2 and added lots of clear Wink of Stella to her hat and dress.


To create the background, I inked up two pieces of Bristol Smooth paper with distress inks.  The ground was blended with Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, and Black Soot (just a hint at the bottom).  The night sky was created by ink-blending Mustard Seed for the moon and then radiating out with Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot.  I flicked some shimmer spritz on the sky and some water onto the grass and blotted the droplets with a paper towel.


After trimming down the sky panel, I backed it with craft foam and adhered it to a black card.  I die-cut the grass with the Stitched Border Die Trio and added that on top.  The adorable witch was popped up with foam tape.  I created the sentiment in Microsoft Word, printed it out and trimmed it to a banner shape.  For a little interest (and more sparkle!), I went over the sentiment with a glitter pen.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to come back tomorrow evening for some more spooky fun!

Halloween Witchy Girl - Digital StampStitched Border Die Trio

13 comments

  1. Beautiful coloring! Love the Halloween Witchy Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Halloween card! Love the image and how you colored her. The background is fabulous too! I'm so happy you shared this with blogland. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, fabulous! Love all that hair, and those witchy shoes! Gorgeous Card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I like how the image stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your card is stunning! I love the little witch and that fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fangtastic coloring.
    Beautiful card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team