31 Nights of Halloween - Night 28 - Special Guest Ashley Dearie



Tonight we welcome Ashley Dearie back to the blog as she shares some fun, Halloween party ideas.

 Hello, again, crafty friends; Ashley Dearie here!  I’m so excited to be returning to the Whimsy Blog tonight as a guest designer for Whimsy Stamps’ 31 Nights of Halloween Celebration, Night #28!  We’re inching closer and closer to the the big night – All Hallows’ Eve.  I know our kiddos are super excited!  But Halloween is looking a lot different these days, and I have some fun inspiration in store for those celebrating indoors this year, and simple treats kids of all ages will enjoy.  


Our youngest son loves insects, spiders, and everything creepy crawly (not me! yuck!), but even I’m in love with the cuddly little eight-legged guys in Whimsy’s Fuzzy Spiders stamp set!  They’re SO cute, I just had to create some spidery fun I knew our little guy would love.  


I paired the smaller spider in the set with my favorite ‘Spider Cider’ sentiment from the Digital Haunting Halloween Sentiments, which is also included in the Spirited Sentiments stamp set.  I printed out the sentiments in a variety of spooky colors and cut them into circles using dies similar to the Pierced and Stitched Circles die set.  I stamped the spiders in black ink and backed the tags with black cardstock.  


I attached each tag to mini bottles of sparkling apple cider (a.k.a. ‘spider cider’) with black and white baker’s twine.  I chose the grape-apple flavor to emphasize the Halloween theme with the purple hue (but any cider will do).  I stamped the ‘Yikes’ sentiment (also from the Fuzzy Spiders set) in coordinating colors onto paper flags wrapped around striped paper straws to make drinking easier for little hands.  


For an additional little treat, I filled mini cups with brightly colored sour gummy worms and added little ‘Creepy Crawlies’  labels using another sentiment from the Fuzzy Spiders set, stamped with additional spiders in coordinating colors.  And each cup received a festive wrapping of spider designs from the Hocus Pocus 6x6 Paper Pack.  To continue my theme, I added pipe-cleaner and candy spiders to the top of each cup lid.  Each surprise also got a coordinating little mini card also made using spiders and webs from Fuzzy Spiders set and patterned paper from the Hocus Pocus Paper Pack.  


Our boys absolutely loved this cute little surprise, and I hope you do, too.  Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you have a very Happy Halloween no matter how you choose to celebrate this year.  Only three days left, so stay tuned for more amazingly spooky creations! 


Thank you, Ashley, for these adorable party ideas!  To see more of Ashley's work, follow her on Instagram.


Have you linked up a Halloween project to be entered for the $100 grand prize?  There are just a few days left!







9 comments

  1. HOW ADORABLE! I LOVE that spider stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is just SOOO much Halloween FUN Ashley...I LOVE this project! Thank you for being a wonderful special guest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such spookiness party fun all over! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. I'd like some Spider Cider. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, spider my! {My son does not like spiders and he saw this post, as I was perusing it, and turned and went out of the room!} I am so glad your boys liked all the hard work you did to create a special, creepy, crawlie event for them! That spider is so fun and spindly legged! Marvelous work! The designer paper is excellent for this project and your pipe cleaner critters look fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how you have used these stamps - perfect for Halloween

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team