31 Nights of Halloween - Night 23

 


It's no secret that I love Halloween!  I love making my house all spooky inside and out.  I love making Halloween cards and projects - it is so much fun!  The creepier and spookier - the better!   It's no secret that the Spooktacular stamp set released in August was one that I absolutely adore! 

I love these cheeky little ghost images!  They have that old time ghostly shape but with a fresh twist with their selfies and snarky little attitudes!   I added a little Copic coloring to each one and then trimmed them out for the card.   

I used the new Build a Graveyard die set - so excited to finally get my hands on this set and it arrived just in time for my card to be made!!!!  I love the sentiments in the Grave Epitaphs stamp set and this one rang true for me this year -- Here Lies Your Youth!!!  When you can't get to your hairdresser every 4-5 weeks- I mean it really starts to show! 

I used some Distress Oxide inks to create my spooky night scene with Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Wilted Violet and Black Soot.   I die cut the panel out with the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles die.  I die cut my grave from the Build-a-Graveyard die set and started to create my spooky graveyard.   I love all the little bits and pieces that come with this die set.  You get bats, skulls, cats, a fence along with multiple sets of gravestones.   I love that you can even add the little cracks into the stone with the Grave Epitaphs stamp set! 

 Be sure to check back each night at 6 pm EST for the full month of October for 31 nights of spooky inspiration!!!  And what's even better than 31 nights of Halloween fun but a giveaway!   Be sure to check out this post for all the details!!! 

Happy Halloween all!  















8 comments

  1. Awesome color combo for your spooky scene! Love the ghosts and all of the dies you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youth definitely lies there. Where'd the time go? This is scary.[Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, this is just SO MUCH FUN...love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I see this set, the more I love it!! Really great scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA, HA, HA! Here lies your youth! AGGGGHHHH! Ah, I hope this card doesn't come true any time soon! A wonderful blend and such cute ghouls! Marvelous card Tricia!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team