Penguin Prima Ballerina Bella

A warm welcome to the blog from Whimsy Stamps.  Ute here and I will show you today, how I made the background from this card:


What is the idea behind the card?

I made this card for the Whimsy Stamp Challenge. Every month from each 15th till next month to the 12th runs a Challenge. So maybe you saw this card already. I plan to show you, how I made the background. It would be so glad, if you play with us and we can inspire you.

Instruction for the background

Step 1: What do you need for this technique?

For this technique (CAS card) I need follow items. A card base A2 format, a colored image (I colored with Copics), Distress Ink (choose you own color combination) and a stencil. Of course, don't forget the fun to made the card :)


Step 2: Distress 

Now I use the Distress Applicator to distress the color on the card base. At the first I use the darker color (orange). Mostly on the sponge is a lot of color, so I going from the side from my card into my card, so it looks smooth... After than I use the brighter color and mix both together, till I am happy with the result.


Step 3: Distress with Stencils

Now I use a stencil from my stuff, you can use every stencil you prefer. I going with the same color over the stencil like before... 

.... and so looks my card after the stencil effect... You can add more color, if I prefer... 


Isn't it easy, to made a fast background... Now I will finish my card.

Step 4: Finish the card

I use the pre color image, the beautiful penguin calls "Penguin Prima Ballerina Bella" and decide me how I will fix it. Before I add the little cutie, I sprayed a little water on the color and I take the excess water away with a dry tissue... this is a great effect.


I add with a white gel pen a few details on the tutu, the penguin and the shoes. Also a little shadow on the bottom. I draw the shoelaces. My sentiment is from the Hero Arts Monthly Kit (Februar 2018) and add a few pearls.


Tipps and Tricks

You can use distress backgrounds to many occasions and it looks really great. 

Don't forget...

Our next Challenge will open on the April 15th... I can't wait to see your idea... 

Supplies

here I list products that I used and also alternativ products... 

Prima Balerina












Pearls/ dots

Thanks so much for visit our blog and for your lovely comment. 




















2 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team