Sending you Some Sparkle with Rainbow Masking

Hi Whimsy friends. Alanna here today with this week's Tuesday Tutorial.

I was in the mood for some rainbow and decided to create my own rainbow background using some masking tape, inks and a blending brush. All Whimsy products used are linked in this post and down below with picture links.

Here is the card we will be making. It features the Unicorn Sparkle stamp set, a super fun one for sure.


To get started, I took a piece of A2 size white card stock and adhered 2 strips of the thin Purple Tape from Thermoweb onto it. I then removed the top layer and added my first color of the rainbow using a blending brush and various shades of ink.


 I repeated this process until I had all my stripes. This photo here just needs the purple layer added.


After I had added all my colors to the panel, I ran it through my die cutting machine with the largest die from the Wonky Stitched Rectangles die collection. I love this die collection and use it on lots of my cards.


I then decided my panel needed some shine and shimmer.  I put some liquid shimmer onto my work surface and then took a paint brush to flick it on. 


 I colored up the cute little unicorn from the Unicorn Sparkle set and die cut some clouds from the Up in the Clouds die collection. I thought one of them was a perfect spot to stamp my sentiment.

I colored the unicorn with some Karin Brushmarker Pro markers, available in the Whimsy shop. I tucked my unicorn back behind this cloud to help ground him. Or is it a her unicorn? Maybe it is a she. :)

I added a couple of the cloud die cuts with foam tape for added dimension. I finished off the card with some enamel dots I made. I had originally added a few at the top left of my unicorn because I managed to get some stray ink there that wouldn't come off. And then I just got a bit wild with the drops. :)

I hope you've been inspired to create your own masked background today. 
Crafty hugs! ~ Alanna


Available in the Whimsy Stamps store

3 comments

  1. Fun and oh so colorful. Love it. Thanks for sharing how you created the great rainbow. Yea, I think this unicorn is a she! (hee, hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So vibrant I love it 🌈

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team