You are my Sunshine

Happy Wednesday Whimsy Fans and welcome to the Whimsy blog!

Today I am sharing a card made with one of the newer stamps from Whimsy Stamps' Time 4 Tea designs - Sunflower. I also used some older whimsy stamps. 


 I started out by masking of part of the card using torn paper, so I could spray the top and bottom separately green and blue using Dylusions spray inks. Then I used a mini cloud stencil and some gesso to make the cloud. I ended up adding more gesso over the whole sky part because I wasn't completely happy how the sky looked. 
 
Next I stamped Whimsy's "Live Defined" background, masking the grass portion, as I only wanted the words on the sky part. 
On the bottom portion I used the a mini tile texture stencil and some water mist to lighten parts of the ink and to create a fun texture. Next I stamped some grass onto the card. I wanted a little border so I used Whimsy's tree stamp from the set "For all the Women in our Lives" and black archival ink. 
 
The image itself was stamped onto copic blending card and colored using copic markers. Fussy cut and adhered to the card. Sentiment is included with the fun "Sunflower" image by Whimsy's Time4Tea designs. I finished it off my adding a couple small punched out butterflies.
 
Hope you have a fabulous day, 
 




3 comments

  1. Cute card with a lady, I salute

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. The background looks amazing and I love the pretty image.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous image your card is so lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team