Happy Easter

Hi Everyone! Niki here.  Can you believe Easter is only a week away?  Seems like the year is already going by so quickly.  I thought I would share a cute little Easter card today since it will be here before we know it.
IMG_9958
I used the adorable Easter Bunny image from Sylvia Zet's Wee Stamps line.  I just love her images and this one is so cute!  I stamped the image on copic x-press it cardstock with tuxedo black memento ink.  Then, I colored it with copic markers that coordinate with the patterned papers I chose from October Afternoon's Sidewalks paper pad.  I love the colors and papers in this line.  They just seem perfect for spring images.  I used these copic markers to color my image: Y35, YR20, YR21, YR23, R20, R21, R22, R30, BG72, W1, W3, W5, W7, R24, R27, R46, E19, E31, E33, E35, BG11, YG63, YG67, colorless blender.
I die cut the image with a Labels Eight nestability die and then, while the image was still in the die, I masked the image with some Eclipse Masking Tape and used a copic marker (BG11) to spray the sky.  I also sprayed the ground after I added the grass flicks.  (I forgot again about the overspray I get with some colors and ended up with the green overspray.  It looks kind of neat so I just embraced the look and went with it.  It was too late to change it by the time I remembered I should have masked the sky before doing the grass.)  Anyway, I finished my card with some stitching, buttons, May Arts crocheted lace, some Flax baker's twine, and a sentiment.
Have a Happy Sunday!
Niki

6 comments

  1. Just adorable. I love this look so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki, this is so beautiful love the layout and the image so beautifully done:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card and you are right, this year is passing by so quickly, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this image. Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team