T-wit T-woo ...

Happy Whimsical Wednesday everyone! This is my first post here at Whimsy Inspirations, and I don't mind admitting that I'm a teeny, tiny bit nervous, LOL! Today I would like to share with you my latest Whimsy creation which is also my DT card for this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge.


It's my dad's 65th birthday this week, and so of course I had to make him a special card! Whenever I need to make male cards, the first images that pop into my mind are the fabulous Whimsy Animals Collection stamps. I find that everyone in my life (whether they be female or male) adore these funny images!!

I chose this orange/brown/cream colour combo after leafing through my Basic Grey 'Mellow' 6x6 paper pad (an oldie, but a goodie!). [I apologise if the colours are weird - we had a power outage last week when the PC was on, and ever since then we have a pink tint to the screen!!!!]. The colour combo and the sketch just sang out "Whimsy Owl" to me!

I also used the "Happy Birthday 2 U" stamp from the fabulous Whimsy Circle Postmarks stamp set, designed by Raindrop Echo Designs. Whimsy have 2 of these circle postmark stamp sets, and I have to say they are by far my most favourite sentiment stamps! I stamped the circle postmark twice, cut out an inner circle from one image, flipped it over, chalked around the edges, wrote the number "65" in the middle, and then stuck it over the "2 U" of the other image!

Well, I think that's about enough from me, LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous card Sam, love the owl, and you are right, those papers compliment it so well. Your Dad will love it.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just ADORABLE!! Love the colors and the pretty layout!! Wonderful post today girl!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW is this ever soooo darling!!! LOVE the colors and this fabby image!!! Wonderful card Sem!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is ADORABLE!!!! Love the criss-cross ribbon...and the image is just the cutest. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team