A Round Whimsy Owl

Hello my lovelies! How is everyone today? Are you ready for some more Whimsy inspiration? If you're feeling a bit down I hope that this card will bring a little ray of sunshine to your world, or a warm glow at least. I'm sure my little mishap will bring a smile to your face - so please read on.

Well, I had a giggle with this card. This was one of those rare occasions where everything you pick up works perfectly together and the card turns out just the way you imagined it would. However, when I tried to photograph it, it was impossible to take the picture. Why? It kept rolling over to one side so the image was sideways on! No matter what I did, it wouldn't stand straight.
You see, I just didn't think about how heavy those little pearls would be and what with the ribbon being off centre too....it just wouldn't stand up straight. I had tears of laughter rolling down my face. The poor little Whimsy Owl (bless him!) looked like he'd had one tipple too many!!

I had a brainwave though, and whoever receives this card will be a British penny richer. I carefully peeled the image away from the foam pads and after a few tries, I got a penny to stick in just the right place to balance the card!!! Honestly, the things we crafters have to do!

So the moral is....if you are making a round card, be sure to think about how your embellishments will balance on the finished item!

Don't forget you can purchase this cutie Whimsy owl from the Animals Collection in the Whimsy store.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments

  1. This is beautiful Sharon - a WOW! card!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Sharon and I love your story too...genius idea with the penny! Fab accents and details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon Great colors and wonderful circle design!!! LOVE those added leaves and he is just soooo adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card, love the shape and wow a lucky penny in there too! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team