Special Guest - Doni



Hello Whimsy friends! Today we are thrilled to once again be welcoming the super talented Doni to the blog. 

Since I am a lover of butterflies, rainbows and ATCs, I have created a 3 ATCs  that represent just what I like best. To start I stamped the butterflies from the Butterflies set and colored them with Copic markers. Then I die cut the ATC from the Antique ATC Frames die set set and started working on the background. 

I added a bit of white gesso with a homemade stencil  I then added some texture paste. After this part, I applied some pigments and water until I got a satisfactory result. When everything was dry I blew liquid white acrylic with a straw  to create movement. For the focal point, before gluing the butterfly, I put some white sewing threads, and some glitter with the glue. 

In the end I splashed here and there with diluted white gesso all over the ATC. On the back of the ATC's I used some Distress Oxide ink in a random way with water. The wording comes from the awesome ATC Frames and Signatures stamp. Lastly, I stamped the same butterfly I used for the focal point with some Distress Oxide ink.





Thank you, Doni, for this adorable inspiration!
To see more of her work, please check out her Instagram account.


Whimsy Stamps products used

5 comments

  1. These are beautiful! I love the butterflies and the contour of the ATCs. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ATCs are just beautiful and so vibrant! Thank you so much for guesting with Whimsy Stamps this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow and wow, all three simply stunning. The intensity of the colours, all the great details, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doni these are just as beautiful as that gorgeous box you created earlier this month. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team