Creating your own Bokeh Background

 Hi friends! Alanna here and I'm thrilled to be sharing a fun technique and card with you today on the Whimsy Stamps blog. I had an idea to create my own bokeh background with some inks and various inking tools. 

I started by taking several colors of blue inks along with different inking tools as shown below. 


I then started by adding in colors using the smaller tools first.


I then added in more colors and used the larger inking tools.


You can see that my ink impressions from the tools aren't perfect and I was okay with that as in the end when everything is finished, I think it looks all pulled together.


Once my background was finished, I got to work on my focal image. I stamped the image and the sentiment which are both from the Favorite Flake stamp set onto a circle die cut with one of the dies from the Pierced & Stitched Circles die collection. The Favorite Flake set is currently out of stock but is expected back in about a week or so. 

I colored it in simply with my Copic markers. I decided the space below the sentiment needed a bit of something so I took one of the snowflakes from the set and stamped it with one of the blue inks that I had used on my background.

I trimmed down my handmade panel and added it onto a piece of black card stock. I added everything to a top folding white card base leaving a small white border on each of the sides. I decided at this point that I wanted to bring in some more snowflakes and thought that they would look good stamped in black. So I took more of the snowflakes from the Favorite Flake set and stamped them so they would form a visual triangle around my focal image. 

I die cut one more circle die cut and added it behind my stamped and colored die cut just to give it a bit of dimension and then finished off the card by adding in some clear Stickles onto the brim of the girl's hat.


Here is a final look at the card. I hope you've enjoyed the tutorial today. If you create something based on this, make sure to tag us on Instagram with #whimsystamps or share on our Facebook page here.


All Whimsy products are linked below.






1 comment

  1. Love the wintery look of the background and the delightful image. Good color choices too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team