Tuesday Tutorial | Dry Embossing with Stencils

Hello Whimsy Friends!

It's Lori here today with a tutorial on how to dry emboss with stencils. Today I'll be using the Giraffe stencil, Giraffe 2 stamp set,  two distressed oxide inks colors and my manual die cutting machine to create a card with dimension and texture in a different way.

To begin I used #80 Neenah cardstock with Scattered Straw Distressed Ink. I blended the Scattered Straw distressed ink in a circle fashion on the cardstock.

  
Then I placed the Giraffe stencil over the ink blended cardstock and blended the Rusty Hinge Distressed Oxide Ink.



After blending the second color I placed the Giraffe stencil back onto the cardstock, making sure to line up the pattern, and taping the back of the cardstock with Purple Tape. This is where I want my dimension to appear.  



Then I ran the cardstock and stencil through my manual die cutting machine using an embossing pad. And this is the result below. It's a little hard to see in photos, but in real life you can see the dimension.   




Here's another close up of the dimension. If you're using your phone reading this or have a touch screen monitor, tap the photo for a better view.



Here is the completed card, I love this technique, but haven't done it in a while!

I hope you enjoyed this technique tutorial and will give it a try. It's a great way to stretch our supplies!
If you try this technique using Whimsy Stamps products, be sure to tag us on social media!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

http://whimsystamps.com?aff=108Giraffe Hello Clear Stamps




11 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team