This is a card I made this week for our 2014 Holiday Release - Part 1 using a gorgeous new image and sentiment set called 'Winter Wonderland', from our very own Simonne Clay (SC Designs).
I stamped some of the gorgeous tall 'Winter Wonderland' birch trunks in Memento 'Rich Cocoa', leaving a gap in the centre to stamp a Brilliance 'Coffee Bean' deer. I added a sentiment from the same set in Memento 'Rhubarb Stalk', and scattered snowflakes (also from this set) in Memento 'London Fog'. I framed this scene with dark brown cardstock, and attached the whole piece to a white square card. To finish I added Stickles for some sparkle on the snowflakes.
I had so much fun with this 'Winter Wonderland' stamp set that I thought I'd share another very simple card I've made, with a quick tutorial on how to achieve the 'misty forest' look.
Bazzill ‘Simon' cardstock
Memento ‘London Fog’ and 'Rhubarb Stalk' Ink
Spellbinders Nestibilities ‘Romantic Rectangles’
Manual die-cutting machine
Kaisercraft 'Red' Pearls
1. Trim a piece of white cardstock to 6 1/4" x 8 1/2", then score and fold to create a card blank. Cut a piece of teal cardstock 6 1/8" x 4 1/16" and attach to the card front.
2. Die cut a Romantic Rectangle from white cardstock, and attach to card.
3. Trim another piece of white cardstock to 5 3/5" x 3 3/8" (which will fit neatly inside the romantic rectangle). Onto this piece stamp 'Winter Wonderland' birch trees in London Fog ink several times, leaving a gap on the right hand side (for your deer later). For added interest shift your stamp to get different 'heights' on your trees.
4. Stamp several more trees around the first ones and in the gap, this time 'kissing' your inked stamped onto a tissue first to leave just whispy impressions with the remaining ink.
5. Stamp the Winter Wonderland deer with Rhubarb Stalk ink in the gap in the trees.
6. Adhere stamped scene to card.
7. Die cut a Fancy Label Die from teal cardstock, and trim a piece of white cardstock to fit neatly inside. Stamp with Winter Wonderland sentiment in Rhubarb Stalk, and add to left hand side of card. Finish with a couple of tiny red pearls.
You can see more of my work on my Blog; Embellished ExpresShan's.
Hope you have a wonderful week!