Meet Our Creative Team - Wendy

Hi I’m Wendy, known in the crafty world by the handle Crafty Kiwi Mama, which hints to my homeland of New Zealand. I returned home to New Zealand 5 years ago after living 13 years in London in the UK. It was there that I discovered the awesome ‘blog’ world of paper crafting. I had picked up a couple of crafty magazines at my local Tesco and Whimsy Stamps designer Bev Rochester had some cards featured in it. I have always been crafty and love all things papercraft, so seeing her beautiful designs, I started exploring this new world. I bought my first image, some ink and the magazine was doing a giveaway on Promarkers so the rest is history!

1.)    If you had to choose, what would your top 3 favorite Whimsy products be and why? My favourite Whimsy product is an older die called the Country Heart Die. I have had it for years and it’s still my ‘go to’ die for romantic creations. Their dies are timeless and cut so well. So dies for sure! I also love their digital images and papers, they’re SO easy to work with and can be printed different sizes and even printed flipped to mirror image. So versatile and so quick and easy to download. No waiting for the post! My final favourite product would be actually not be a ‘product’ as such, but the people! Whimsy Stamps has some of the finest artists and designers working for them. The images are fun, beautiful, whimsical, sassy, they cover all the bases and the talented team bring it home every time! So my third favourite is the amazing Whimsy Creative Team.

2.)    If you could have a super power, what would it be? Ah, this is simple, I’d eradicate pain. I’d love to live in a world where no one inflicts pain on another person, emotional or physical, but also where illness and loss doesn’t create the kind of heartache it currently does. Utopian I know, and without the lows in life, we can’t appreciate the highs, but that would be the super power I’d choose.

3.)    List 3 things someone would be surprised to learn about you? I am one of seven children, so my family is HUGE and we are very close. I struggled to have my own two, so I count myself very blessed there. I’m a Paediatric Nurse (no longer practising) and also a Clinical Aromatherapist. Finally, I married my teenage sweetheart and we are about to celebrate our 24th Wedding Anniversary!

4.)    What Whimsy stamp or stamp set could you not live without and why? Ooh I can’t choose just one! I have a huge soft spot for Crissy Armstrong’s sweet characters. I LOVE her Christmas images, her kiddies, her critters, don’t make me choose just one! I LOVE Crown of Daisies, but then there’s Little Christmas Angel, and Touched by Love and have you seen My Significant Otter?! I mean seriously, ‘only one’! I just can’t...


5.)    What is your favorite color combo and favorite coloring medium? I love colour, but I also love subtlety. I love soft colours, white with any other colour I think is always gorgeous. Soft pink, soft fawn, soft blue. But I do love bold striking colour combos too and one of my favourites is black and red! My preferred colouring medium is alcohol ink. I’ve always been a Promarkers girl and I’ve just started using a few Copic Markers too, so it’s super exciting that Whimsy now stocks these!

6.)    What do you like most about being a member of the Whimsy Creative Team? The Whimsy Digital Divas are amazing and I still pinch myself occasionally to check I’m not in a dream! I LOVE the amazing digital designs we are privileged to work with and this team is so incredibly supportive and lovely. I totally see, why Whimsy Stamps has some of the longest serving designers! Whimsy is a family.






3 comments

  1. I love your super power wish Wendy! and I absolutely adore your card!!! It is nice to read about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very nice getting to know you Wendy :)
    I look forward to getting lots of creative inspiration from your corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to read this and get to know you better Wendy! Your cards are gorgeous!...xxx
    Love from Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team