Happy Chocolate Day!

Hi Whimsy Friends! Today I have some Valentine inspiration for you. On my card I am showcasing a clear stamp set from the December 2017 release called Crazy For Chocolate, an older large word die 'Happy' and the newly released Polka Dot Stencil.



To make this card I started by cutting my card base 4.25" x 11" from heavy weight bright white Hammermill cardstock. Folding it in half cross-wise. Using the  Polka Dot Stencil and some pink Nuvo Embellishment Mousse I created the dotted background. I colored the bowl of chocolate from the Crazy For Chocolate set using Copic alcohol markers and cut it out using the coordinating Crazy For Chocolate die set. I've added Stickles Sprinkled Sugar to the top of each candy. Once it's dry it really looks like sprinkled sugar crystals. I love that it looks so real! Here see for yourselves:


The "Happy" part of the sentiment was cut out from brown cardstock using the  large word die 'Happy' and the other part was stamped directly on the card base. The chocolate bowl and the word Happy were attached with some foam tape to give some dimension to the card. To add some bling I adhered pink enamel dots from the  It's a Party Enamel Dots set , brown Sequins and pink rhinestones between the polka dots.

Here is another close-up of the polka dots made with Nuvo mousse. It gives such a nice effect on the card. I love using structure paste or embellishment gels/mousse with stencils for adding dimension and special effects.



Copic markers used:

R81 - R83 - R85
E23 - E25 - E27
C00 - C1 - C3 - C4 - C5

Here is a list of Whimsy products I used on my project:

*NEW Polka Dot Stencil   Happy Large Word Die   Crazy for Chocolate   Crazy for Chocolate Die SetStickles Glitter Glue - Sprinkled Sugar   *NEW It's a Party Enamel Dots   Copic Sketch - R81 Rose Pink   Copic Sketch - R83 Rose Mist   Copic Sketch - R85 Rose Red    Copic Sketch - E25 Caribe Cocoa   Copic Sketch - E27 Milk Chocolate   Copic Sketch - C00 Cool Gray   Copic Sketch - C1 Cool Gray    Copic Sketch - C3 Cool Gray   Copic Sketch - C5 Cool Gray 


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,

2 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team