12 Days of Christmas Day 3 - special guest Catherine Cowles - Snow Flurry

Whimsy Stamps 12 Days of Christmas 

 Hi Friends! I'm here today as a guest designer for Whimsy Stamps 12 Days of Christmas Blog Celebration. I was thrilled to be asked to do a guest spot and am I'm in love with their beautiful stamps. Today is day 3 of the celebration so let's get started!  

  Handmade Card With Whimsy Stamps


What a lovely time of year when the weather has finally cooled down! I live in Arizona, and we don't have beautiful snow filled days with swirling snow and pretty white covered trees so that is why I chose the beautiful Snow Flurry background stamp designed by Deb Davis for my first card. It's an absolutely gorgeous swirl of snowflakes and I couldn't resist embossing the image and applying deep blue colors of watercolor to allow the image to shine through. It reminded me of growing up in Wisconsin during the winter. Just after the sun would set, the wind would pick up and I'd sit by the window and see all the beautiful swirls of snow as the sky drew dark. I sat nice and warm inside the house, wrapped in a warm blanket gazing at the swirling snow and glittering stars through the window. Looking up at the sky, I would wonder if Santa was ready for Christmas and if I'd get all the toys that were on my list. I decided to add some pretty stars to my card just as I had remembered them. I just love how this card turned out and I know I'll be using this stamp for many more projects.

  Handmade Christmas Card using Whimsy Stamps


  For my second card, I used the St. Nicholas stamp set. This is such a lovely set with a beautiful whimsical Santa and I thought it would be so fun to create a border around the main image with the smaller images in the set. When I was a child, I pictured Santa with a pure white beard having magical curls cascading down to the middle of his chest. His hat would be slightly curled over with a pretty festive set of holly berries and when I saw this image, it was the Santa of my childhood imagination. I couldn't resist making him the center focal point of my card. I just love him! I want to thank you for joining me on Day 3 of the Whimsy Stamps 12 Days of Christmas Celebration. 

I wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!  
signature

 Find these beautiful stamp sets by clicking on the images below. 
Snow Flurry Background  St. Nicholas  

11 comments

  1. Two nice cards. I really like the beautiful snowflake card with the swirls and stars that were added. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL cards!
    LOVE your St Nicholas, ADORE your snowflakes, flourishes & stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your cards are gorgeous - love the first card which is a BEAUTY!!! - I live in Wisconsin and love watching the snowflakes dance too lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards!
    happy holidays! 🎄🎅⛄
    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, absolutely gorgeous! I'm especially loving the first card - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, I love that Santa too with his curls, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Cards and i love the snow flurries stamp all embossed up. Great Technique! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first
    card with all that
    blue and swirl!
    Lovely work on
    the second also.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. What you have created in both cards is artfully stunning! I would not be able to give them away!Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team