Birthday Bears

Hello! 
Linda here and it's my turn to post some inspiration for you on the blog, so I'm kicking it off with not 1, not 2, but all 3 of the fabulous new Lee Holland teddy bears from the July release.

I coloured all 3 bears with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, and I decided not to go with the traditional brown teddy bear colours for a change. Those of you who are familiar with my work will know that I love to colour outside the box (but not outside the lines!) when it comes to hair and critters.

First off we have my personal favourite



I made him a little white bear and gave him a pink nose.
I also added some sentiments from the Happy Sayings set.

Teddy Birthday Presents



He's looking good in Aquamarine, the die cut birthday word is from the
Sweetest Birthday Shaker Builder die set and I cut my image with one of the
Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle dies.
Some of my DT sisters made this bear into a Christmas card by using Christmas colours and adding a Christmas sentiment.

and finally

Teddy Birthday Message



who is rocking purple fur.

My daughter actually had a teddy bear this colour when she was very small, that brings back memories! As you can see I masked the bear and carefully stenciled some bricks so he had a wall to draw on, naughty graffiti bear!

Anyway I hope that this has given you some ideas on how you can think outside of the box when it comes to colouring your bears (or other images), and how a few changes can make things look quite different.

That's all from me for today, I'll see you next time!

3 comments

  1. Wow! All three birthday bear cards are fantastic. I love how clever you are with the backgrounds and delightfully you colored the bears. Thank you for sharing your inspiring card making skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team