Day 6 of the Whimsy Stamps Countdown to Christmas

Hello Whimsy Friends and welcome to Day 6 of the Whimsy Stamps Countdown to Christmas.
 
It's Iris here today. December 6th / Saint Nicholas Day is a special day in Germany (and other European countries of course) where I'm from originally. We celebrate this day in remembrance of  historical Saint Nicholas also called Nicolas of Myra or Bishop of Myra and his legendary habit of secret gift-giving.

Usually kids will get boots filled with candy, fruit, nuts and small gifts. We always celebrated in the evening of the 6th when I was a child but some already had their boots filled in the night from the 5th to the 6th depending on which part from Germany you are from.

This is why I picked Santa's Glee today for my card. I thought it's the perfect image for today :-) He is available in the Whimsy store as digital stamp from the Crissy Armstrong collection. 


I also used two dies from the Whimsy Shapeology collection: Merry - large word die and  Hand Stitched Borders. I kept my card simple to have the focus on the image. Only three small dots from the Christmas Cheer Enamel Dots and a red sequin embellish my card.
 
Here is a list of Copic colors I've used:

Santas Cloth
Red: R22, R24, R46, R59
White: C5, C3, B41, C1, C00
Shoes and Belt: C10, C8, C6, C4 B41
 
Santas Face and Hair:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02
Hair: W6, W4, W2, W0
 
Other
Santas List: E50, E53 T2
Pencil: E57, E50
Outline: B000, B00
Thanks for stopping buy today and make sure you come back tomorrow for more inspiration.

Crafty hugs,

Iris

1 comment

  1. Always love a Chrissy Armstrong image and this one is no exception he's perfect and such super fun,thanks for sharing and hope you had a fun time celebrating St.Nicholas day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team