A TON of Fun with Punny Messages!

Hello friends!  DT Vicki popping in here today to share a card I made with one of the latest release clear sets called "Punny Messages":
Have you checked out all of the darling images with the matching "punny" sentiments from this set?!  I think there are several different occasions to use these for and I plan on getting it out again to make more!  I've actually made this card for a friend of mine to thank them for a fun time that I had at her house, so I think she would enjoy the humor in this one! :)

So I took the elephant from this stamp set and paired him with the matching sentiment and stamped it onto a circle that was die cut out with the Stitched Circles die set and attached this onto a punched out black scalloped circle.  The elephant was colored with Copic markers, fussy cut and popped up with some foam tape right above the sentiment.  I have also used the small flower from the "Playful Pups Add On" stamp set and colored that and glued him behind the elephant's trunk.

For the bottom portion of my card, I have used an embossing folder for just a section of the gray colored card front and then cut a strip of black with the Basic Border Trio dies to get the scallop design.  I've attached it alongside the embossed area and then added some white grosgrain ribbon.
This gray card front was then attached to an A2 sized black card base.

Here's a closer look at the elephant:
Here you can better see the elephant popped up over the sentiment.
I have used my Copic markers to do some dot detail around the shadow parts of his body and I've also used a black gel pen for his eye along with a white gel pen to make a tiny dot for his eye.

Hope you've enjoyed the inspiration today and thanks so much for stopping by!!

23 comments

  1. That elephant with the daisy is just adorable! Love that sentiment paired with the elephant and you colored him perfectly! Such a fun and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun and cute! Love your wonderful coloring on that little guy and of course the sentiment is so much fun. Love your darling card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous and loving the cute elephant.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vickiiii so so cuuutee
    really cute elephant I love this much
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute elephant, and she's colored to perfection! The subtle dotted embossing looks so pretty in the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is WAY to CUTE! I love your little elephant that is colored so nicely! Totally ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word...this is darling! Love the addition of the embossed section! Great job, as always! Perfect coloring, and lots of smiles! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this a TON...total cuteness here Vicki. The coloring on that sweet elephant really makes me smile. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and it can be used for many occasions. Clean, decorative, sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww this is adorable Vicki, I love that sweet elephant!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how adorable!! I love the design of your card especially those polka dots!! and your coloring is superb! as always!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just darling! Love your sweet coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!That is really a cute stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute Vicki...love your coloring and layout!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant work, fabulous colours combined here...Enjoy the weekend.x
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally adorable Vicki, love your layout too. All comes together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute beyond words! Sensational work, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Vicki.. your card is so beautiful.. love this little elefant ... it`s so sweet
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team